Procombi ct25 gurgling noise leading to boiler tripping out.

Thanks very much for all the responses so far. Only one thing I would like to try and get my head round is if it is scaling in the heat exchanger then what is recommended to be done to mitigate the build up in the future in a soft water area.

Sponsored Links
No point yet is there? Have you tried what`s been suggested? might not be exchanger.

Plate heat exchangers most commonly block due to dirt in the primary side.

That happens regardless of the hardness of the local water supply.

Tony

After going through British gas where my boiler wasn't on their serviceable list I got in contact with vokera. The fault turned out to build up of silty residue from the condenser section of the boiler. This was cleaned out and seems a common issue. Boiler has had a service check and is now all good. Thanks for all the responses.

Sponsored Links
After going through British gas where my boiler wasn't on their serviceable list I got in contact with vokera. The fault turned out to build up of silty residue from the condenser section of the boiler. This was cleaned out and seems a common issue. Boiler has had a service check and is now all good. Thanks for all the responses.

What part would that be then?? Never heard of it. Do you mean your condensate trap was blocked? Pretty embarrassing for so called engineer`s on here not to suggest :oops:

Yeah that's the bad boy. It was all the gritty particles that had built up over the last couple of years.

I have not made any comments on this thread.

Check the temp setting on boiler if it is on max turn it down with hot water running if as soon as you lower temp the boiler cuts out it sounds like heat exchanger because it will only run on higher temp. That will rule out exchanger.

:LOL: :LOL: exactly as you suggested , no your not a heating engineer.

exactly as you suggested , no your not a heating engineer

I advised tests to eliminate the heat exchanger, read me posts son, :rolleyes:
Stop getting hung up about me quals as a `heating engineer` been fitting and installing for 20 years not an NVQ to me name, :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Had a good few , but not as many as you.

Just joined this site,let`s not make it personal, you mosey along now , I`m here to give advice to the great unwashed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back