Programmer turning off and on every 20 secs or so

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Every few 10s of seconds my programmer is turning the hot water demand off and on again. (CH is turned off, so I don't know whether it exhibits the same problem).

The relay clicks off and the led turns off at the same time. Then about 1 second later both turn on again. Everything then works for 20 to 40 seconds and repeat.

Duff programmer?

Thanks,
David

Sponsored Links
There should be a reset on it, either a small hole with a button under or press a pair of buttons together. Would help if we know what programmer it is.

Could be a older worcester programmer and scrolling through the programmes. Have you had a power interuption?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you've got a Honeywell st699, the slider control isn't making the contact. Get a new st799 and its a straight swop.

> Would help if we know what programmer it is.

Sorry, not obvious until I found the front cover that fell behind the cylinder!

Drayton Tempus Seven. (No sliders!).

Thanks very much.

Hi Dave,

I take it is a brown/cream colour programmer as in the old tempus 7? I think if you push a pair of buttons together it could reset but I cannot remember which ones. Say like prog and time button or up and down buttons. I am sure one combination should reset it.
You would belive it I have one that came out of a job the other day. Press clock/day to reset.

Grey with a cream front cover. Like this one:
QsMxnn

Combinations of Clock +/- and Day didn't manage to reset it, but I have tried removing power (including the backup battery) and that didn't cure the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back