Proof of no claims

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Every year I shop around for the best policy and every year I have the same request... we require proof of your no claims ........ now in this digital age where anyone can get info on you in seconds it still amazes me why they cant get it online... I will have to now contact the old company to send it out then send it to the new company and have the same problem next year

Sponsored Links
Many companies these days will take your renewal notice (if you have one) as proof of no claims.

True, you scan it and email to them or if your notification was by email, just send them a copy.

Peter

Sponsored Links
+ if you switch insurance companies a lot of them reduce your total years with no claims like what happened to me. I had 9 years no claims & they reduced it to 6 then the following year they hiked up the premium so i shifted again they only would give me 6 years no claims proof

+ if you switch insurance companies a lot of them reduce your total years with no claims like what happened to me. I had 9 years no claims & they reduced it to 6 then the following year they hiked up the premium so i shifted again they only would give me 6 years no claims proof

yes had a few arguments about this practice.
and then they say 'oh no you only have (half of what you really had),im sure this is yet another con by them?

now in this digital age where anyone can get info on you in seconds it still amazes me why they cant get it online...

i change insurer almost every year and iv never had a cut in my no claims. if i need to prove it i call them up and ask them to call my old insurer to verify, which they do. but the renewal note is usually enough.

As an aside to this insurance companies will now be able to check any convictions direct with the DVLA so no good saying "oh no I've been a good boy for the last 5 years" when they can check that you were done for speeding whilst under the influence of noxious substances and having phone sex driving the wrong way down a one-way street! :oops:

when they can check that you were done for speeding whilst under the influence of noxious substances and having phone sex driving the wrong way down a one-way street! :oops:

George Michael's going to be fooked then. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back