Propping question

M

marsaday

Enclosed is a pic of my king beam and the design from the engineer

I am going to be creating 2 new door ways either side of the main vertical beam.

You can see i have created the header for the doors and will be placing a 9x3 vertically to fully form the opening. All of this wood work is going to be reinforced with the steel work.

My question is, when i make my cut of that diagonal beam to put in my vertical piece of timber, is the roof likley to move?

I will use a prop, but i just wondered what the likleyhood is of any movement. I reckon i will do each side in an hour.

View media item 31435
View media item 31434

Sponsored Links
Will i be ok propping one side, doing the work and then removing the prop to do the next side. Or do i need to prop both sides ?

Just remove both of them and don't be too concerned about propping.
Then replace after frame in.
That structure is bomb proof.

Sponsored Links
i know the designed structure is bomb proof, it is just the process of putting it in which is where the weak point is.

i have got a prop in on one side and i am ready to cut tomorrow the first side. fingers crossed :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back