Protection for domestic oil supply pipes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I've just had a new external, oil-fired boiler fitted and the oil supply pipe runs from the tank to the boiler above ground, clipped to a wall.

I'm a bit worried that it's exposed to knocks - also the plastic coating on the copper is white and stands out lime a sore thumb.

So my question is: is there some sort of shroud I can get that attaches to the wall over the pipe to protect it? Or if no such thing exists a cunning way of making something to keep it safe?

I asked the engineer if he'd heard of anything and he hadn't, so I thought I'd open it to you guys.

Thanks in advance for your help.

P

Sponsored Links
Thread it thru black iron steel of a suitable diameter,then youve got protection and aesthectics

And a rustic effect as it rusts ;) Black plastic round electrical conduit +clips :idea: - or if you're really going to bash it - the galvanised metal version

That would have been perfect, if I'd only thought of it before it had been installed.

Looks like I'll have to cobble something together, otherwise I can see it getting broken and spraying 500 liters of kerosene over the garden. Although that would save some weeding I suppose.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
You could possibly split the conduit lengthways and slip it over - having removed the original nail in clips , the conduit clips hold it close to the wall unlike pipe clips.

TBH a lot of oil fuel lines are installed in this way and do not get knocked or leak, are you saying you are a bit heavy handed or accident prone?? :eek:

I'm guess I'm saying I have a healthy sense of paranoia. It's not me I don't trust, it's everyone else. Look like there might be a gap in the market for some sort of pipe capping though. If only I wasn't so lazy.

pay and get the engineer back so he can cut the pipe to allow you to put the conduit on and then he can put a flared joint in. ( flared joints being much more robust than compression

That looks like just the stuff I was wanting. What size would you recommend for a regular oil feed? I'm having a guess that the 19mm would be a bit tight? Again, thanks.
P.

It would go over the pipe if it was completely straight and had no joints.......

The 42mm size might look a bit rough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back