protherm presuure loss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a 5 year old protherm combi.when running it reaches 2 bar,when it cools down over half a day the pressure drops to zero.
i fill it back to 1 bar but the cycle repeats itself.i placed a container under the pressure release pipe outside and it filled with water.
i have had the front off the boiler, and attached to the top of the water pump there is what looks like the pressure valve on a pressure cooker,(what is it?) which has a plastic scerw on top, which was unscrewed,i don't know if it is relevant to the pressure loss.
any ideas?

Sponsored Links
LOL

fair play to undoing stuff in a gas boiler without having a clue?????

BABOOOM deader!!!

the expansion vessel is probably cream and the pressure relief valve definatley has

it would have said 'which I unscrewed' if you notice it says 'which was unscrewed' , it had come loose, and why would there be gas coming out of something connected to the water pump.
I fitted the complete central heating system plus the full house plumbing plus a full house rewire. the system was checked by a corgi registered plumber and has worked faultlessly for 5years.
thanks for your other advice though.

Sponsored Links
thanks,any idea what the valve looking thing on top of the pump is? it also has an allen key hole on the side.

panny300 said:
thanks,any idea what the valve looking thing on top of the pump is? it also has an allen key hole on the side.

its probably an automatic air vent

panny300 said:

Your boiler keeps blowing off (oo-er), your pressure release valve is knackered, get a new one.

Bambergaspipe said:
panny300 said:

Your boiler keeps blowing off (oo-er), your pressure release valve is knackered, get a new one.

Automatic air release vent, left loose :?: :rolleyes:

clf-gas said:
Bambergaspipe said:
panny300 said:

Automatic air release vent, left loose :?: :rolleyes:

He placed a container beneath the warning pipe outside,..it filled with water, his boiler keeps losing pressure. Read the O.p`s question before jumping down people`s throats, no need to apologise :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back