ps3 cant get online wireless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My ps3 wont go online wireless unless i turn the router security to off. but works fine when linked in with an ethernet cable. ive spoken to playstation and with aol and i just get sent back and fourth. I'm putting the correct code in. just wondered if anyone has had the same problem and if the got it sorted. thanks

Nath

Sponsored Links
perhaps tempoarily set you router to broadcast is SSID, then get the PS3 to scan for wireless networks, then set up as per defaults, not forgetting to then turn off the SSID broadcast on the router.

You should get a return code from the PS3 when it fails to connect, what is it?

Sponsored Links
What encryption mode is set for your router\AP?

This probably doesn't help but my PS3 connects to my Belkin Wifi Router with ease. I have no encrytion, SSID non broadcast and only a pre-defined list of MAC Addresses allowed to connect of which my PS3's MAC is one of them.

I suspect your issue is related to the encryption mode

If it is the security settings that are to high, you could try setting up a DMZ (De-Militiarised Zone) on your router.

Give your PS3 a fixed IP address under network settings, make sure it's not going to interfere with other connections though. For example if your router uses 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.255 for assigning IP addresses automatically you could use 192.168.1.100 for the PS3, then using the browser to access your router switch DMZ on for the same IP address.

This allows all ports outbound and inbound to be open for that address only and should allow the PS3 to connect to the router.

Sponsored Links
Back