PSU200XP 12V Wiring Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I've recently bought a property which has a Texecom Premier 24 and PSU200XP system installed in the house and extension respectively.

I've checked the system and it seems in good condition however I noticed the 12V Network + terminal on the PSU200XP was connected to the panel 12V network + terminal (i.e. the network DC output of the PSU200XP and network DC output of the panel were connected).

I disconnected this as per the wiring diagram and nothing seems to have changed, but could there be any damage from the 12V being commoned between the control panel and PSU200XP in the 6 months its been installed? I've done a full duration 24hr battery test and walk test and all seems well.

I have noticed when on battery, the main panel draws only 30mA (measured with meter and in Wintex) despite having a Ody X, 8XP and 8 QDs connected to it? I'm not sure what's going on there but could it be related (this was after I'd disconnected the PSU200XP however)?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Your post didn’t make any sense are you saying the 12+ was connected ? And you have removed it as it should be ? I wouldn’t take any notice on what wintex is saying as it’s not that accurate , what’s the split on the devices , how many and what on the xp200

Your post didn’t make any sense are you saying the 12+ was connected ? And you have removed it as it should be ? I wouldn’t take any notice on what wintex is saying as it’s not that accurate , what’s the split on the devices , how many and what on the xp200

I've updated it to hopefully make it a bit clearer rather than just my brain dump!

Your post is what I meant yes, the 12V network + core from the panel was connected to the 12V network + terminal on the PSU200XP, which I disconnected to match the manual.

8 x QDs, 1 x 8XP, 1 x Ody X on the panel (I metered across the current reading pads on the panel and it matches the 30mA reading in Wintex so maybe the current to voltage shunt is knackered?).

8 x QDs, 1 x fire alarm interface, 2 x Ody 5E and 2 x Keypads on the PSU200XP (reading approx. 300mA).

I would normally take the reading with a multimeter set inline with the battery

Sponsored Links
I would normally take the reading with a multimeter set inline with the battery

I've done this too and the same reading is given!

Note this is only when in battery operation/ mains fail.

When on battery, I measure between 0.010A and 0.030A when the meter is in series with the battery positive leg at the control panel, and 0.3A at the PSU200XP.

When it's back on mains supply the current draw from mains is 0.2A at the panel and 0.3A at the PSU200XP (which is about right for the connected loads).

If I disconnect the mains and battery to the control panel, the control panel dies, so there's not a parasitic supply coming from anywhere either which was my first thought.

The panel and PSU200XP have run off their individual batteries (12V 17Ah Yuasa) for over 24 hours fine, the panel battery dropped to just over 12V by hour 24, the PSU200XP was at around 11.0V by hour 24.

I just cannot understand how the control panel is drawing so little from the battery and the panel still working...!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back