Pugueout 206 Won't Start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have recently bought a 51 plate 1.1 206. Car has been running great up until last night.

I parked the car & 15 minutes later came back when it would not start, the engine makes a clicking sound, the lights on the dash come on, the clock has reset itself and the radio will not turn on. When I turn the headlights on the dash starts to flicker.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Sponsored Links
The most likely problem is your battery connections, remove and clean the posts and clamps. Failing that the battery could have failed or its not charging and gone flat.

Peter

As above, or you just left something switch on that flattened the battery?
Jump leads for another car might help?

Well George what did you do?

I read a horrible post about a 2006 Pug 206 which seemed to have an ECU fault but garage wanted £900 to fit a new one but would not guarantee it would solve the problem but would still want the £900even if it did not.

He was so annoyed he just scrapped the car.

I would have seen if I could get a used ECU to try it.

You would have thought the garage would have had a workshop spare to test it with!

But I suppose they are all cowboys!

Sponsored Links
Tony if only life was that simple!

Later Pug & Citroen vehicles have 3, or more, separate 'computer' units that all talk to each other. If you are intending one you need to replace all of them from a similar vehicle but they ALL need to come from the same vehicle.

If you think one unit is faulty then contact someone like BBA Reman as they are able to repair these units and retain the original coding.

Apparently the PUG & Citroen BSI unit can be replaced with a new one but it needs coding to the vehicle. Enter the wrong code and BSI is worthless!!!

I think BBA Reman can remove the need for units to be coded to enable a second hand unit to be firred.

Yes Alan!

I find it very annoying that makers seem to intentionally add to their designs to make it impossible for anyone apart from their own agents with the special codes to do work on their cars.

I have become accustomed to Peugeots and currently have three on the road. But as they get older I am less inclined to buy newer models just because of the problems they have designed in.

You don't see the problems in their showrooms!

Tony

Back