Pull Cord Switch With Neon Or On/Off Indicator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after a pull cord switch that has a neon or on/off indicator on it. Preferably a 6amp one as it's only for an extractor fan. It needs an indicator of some sort as it will not be possible to tell when the fan is on otherwise, as it's an inline one in the loft.
The one's I've seen are too heavy duty as they're for showers and stuff, rated 45 amps or more, and (I've had a 'go' in my local shop) are amazingly hard to pull on/off, I'm inclined to think half the ceiling will collapse when the kids use it. Whereas the 6amp one's are far easier.
Can't seem to find any.
Alternatively, is there a separate neon of some sort which will show the switch is on, I've seen a similar thing for normal switches, where the surround will light up.

Sponsored Links
You can get a grid neon and mount in a seperate surface box as last resort

Buy one of these:

Discard the base, and replace with one of these:

:D

Sponsored Links
Click on the picture and all will be revealed ;)

MK part number 2056WHI

Click on the picture and all will be revealed ;)

MK part number 2056WHI

You make it far too easy.
Cheers. I owe you a pint.
Do you know, are all these things the same size, the bases and the switches, are the two pretty common in size?

It tends to vary a bit between manufacturers.

If you get an MK pull switch, it will fit just right on the MK neon base.

I'm not aware of anyone else who makes the bases

Just thought, another option to look at might be 20A DP pull switches. I think you can get them with a neon

It tends to vary a bit between manufacturers.

If you get an MK pull switch, it will fit just right on the MK neon base.

I'm not aware of anyone else who makes the bases

Just thought, another option to look at might be 20A DP pull switches. I think you can get them with a neon

An MK base and switch it is.
Great solution. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back