Pull switch with neon for switched live

Only seen in toggle switches etc, never (AFAIAA) in electrical accessories.
Except momentary ones.
I need some enlightening here - what electrical accessories have "momentary DPDT centre-off" functionality?

Of course, if one moves to what I would call electrical switchgear (rather than electrical accessories), one does see DPDT (quite often with centre-off) functionality, as in the sort of changeover switches used to switch between grid and generator supplies, etc. Relays and contactors are also not uncommonly DPDT (although obviously with no 'centre off').

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I need some enlightening here - what electrical accessories have "momentary DPDT centre-off" functionality?
Would you settle for SPDT centre off?
Not really :) My point was about the 'DPDT' aspect which seems non-existent in relation to (certainly 'domestic') electrical accessories, unless you can produce "the exception which proves my rule"!.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
No earth required - the fan is double insulated.
You are undoubtedly going to be told that, even if the fan is double insulated and needs no earth, you are still required by regulations to 'run a CPC (earth)' to it (not the least in case someone subsequently changes the fan to something which does require an earth). It also affords some potential protection should anyone put a nail, screw or drill through the cable at any time!

What sort of cable are you using, and are you using the core intended as an earth as a live conductor?

Kind Regards, John

No earth required - the fan is double insulated.
You are undoubtedly going to be told that, even if the fan is double insulated and needs no earth, you are still required by regulations to 'run a CPC (earth)' to it
blank_65x10_T.gif
whssign.gif

411.3.1.1 A circuit protective conductor shall be run to and terminated at each point in wiring and at each accessory except a lampholder having no exposed-conductive-parts and suspended from such a point.

Would you settle for SPDT centre off?
Not really :) My point was about the 'DPDT' aspect which seems non-existent in relation to (certainly 'domestic') electrical accessories, unless you can produce "the exception which proves my rule"!
From memory I thought I could. A cursory search has only found SPDT. I'll have to try harder.

Not really :) My point was about the 'DPDT' aspect which seems non-existent in relation to (certainly 'domestic') electrical accessories, unless you can produce "the exception which proves my rule"!
From memory I thought I could. A cursory search has only found SPDT. I'll have to try harder.
Fair enough. However, you've more-or-less proved my point. If there are any 'electrical accessories' (as opposed to 'switchgear') out there which are DPDT (whether ordinary and/or centre-off and/or momentary), they are certainly very few and far between. I've certainly never seen a physical example, and I can't recall ever having seen any 'on offer'. However, there have been a few occasions on which I could have made good use of one!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back