Pull Switch Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Can anyone recommend a brand of 10A bathroom light pull switches?
Personally I'd prefer one where the terminals are in the part you affix to the ceiling and then the surface screws just screw on a cover, bit less fiddly but feel free to tell me if they tend to be less reliable!

My current one I think is a Crabtree one given practically everything else since the rewire is Crabtree but I haven't had a look yet, it may be on its way out hence the possible need to change it.

What brand am I best going with? Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have found Hager to supply reliable well constructed pull cord isolator switches for shower extractor fans, and personally would buy the ceiling light pull cord switch from the Sollysta range. Their website is excellent and the technical department have always replied promptly to my queries.

Cheers

Blup

Crabtree are pretty good too. Can't remember the construction, but I think all the ones i have seen have the switch mechanism in the cover part with just an empty patress screwing on the ceiling.

Sponsored Links
I guess it’s too much to expect a helpful reply:rolleyes:
I'm not sure at whom that is directed, but ...

... the OP expressed a preference for a switch which had 'the works' attached to the ceiling, whereas you mentioned the Crabtree, which you thought had the mechanism in the 'cover part' - hence "The Other Way Round" in relation to the OP's preferred arrangement.

Kind Regards, John

It was for SS. as I said in my post. I do not know of a pull switch configured the way he would like it. Do you?

It was for SS. as I said in my post. I do not know of a pull switch configured the way he would like it. Do you?
There's at least one on the shelves of my cellar, although I'm not sure how 'compliant' it is, since the cover can be unscrewed 'without the use of a tool' ....

upload_2018-4-18_17-27-37.png

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back