Which 6A 1W Ceiling Pull Switch to get?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to replace a cheapo Pull Switch from Wilkos with one from Screwfix. The cord on the cheapo one keeps sticking. Screwfix have a few brands available, ie. Crabtree, Marbo, MK and Volex.
I want to get a good quality one. Which brand is recommended?
Thanks in advance.

mr_vampy

Sponsored Links
The cord on the cheapo one keeps sticking.

This often happens when debris from above the ceiling is allowed to fall through the hole made for the cable.
You maybe able to rectify the problem by giving the accessory a good clean and free any bits that have entered the mechanism.
Then I would clear any debris from above and seal around the hole to prevent this happening again.

Sponsored Links
I'd also vote Crabtree and then MK :D

Interestingly I had two pullswitches from Wilkinson recently (I couldn't get anywhere else at the time) and both of them stuck from new, and had to be replaced :(

Thank you all for your recommendations. I went with the MK one in the end from Screwfix as they were out of stock on the Crabtree version. Even with the MK one, you can definitely tell a difference in the quality compared to the old cheap one from Wilkos. Thanks again.

Still make sure you prevent debris from entering the enclosure, or you will end up with it jamming again.

Thanks for that. When I took the old one off, it was slightly dusty but no large debris as such. Took a little hand held vacuum and gave the area a good clean.

It's a wise idea to keep pull cord enclosures dust free and also to prevent this happening. I would always recommend sealing the cable entry hole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back