Which Sockets and Switches have the screw caps??

Sponsored Links
GET do, but i rarely fit them as they are such a pain to remove without damaging them if you need to unscrew the front plate

SB

Sponsored Links
GET do, but i rarely fit them as they are such a pain to remove without damaging them if you need to unscrew the front plate

SB

Well if you hammer them in :LOL:

I like them, legrand sockets used to have them as do GET. The removal trick requires a fine blade, scapel or bare stanley and lightly stabbing the edge and popping them out.

The GET one's have x 4 buttons on the inside, so if you mash the 1st set you have a spare.

Above counter areas they help avoid getting dirty deposits building up in the screw holes. Simple things like cleaning a f/plate with a grubby damo cloth can catch dirty and they do prevent that.

Hi,

If you don't want to see the screw heads why don't you just purchase 'screwless' products?.....

Hi,

If you don't want to see the screw heads why don't you just purchase 'screwless' products?.....

Some don't like the fact that they can be easily prized off

Some don't like the fact that the wall must be 100% flat

Some just don't like them

:D

Hi,

Some don't like the fact that they can be easily prized off

Some don't like the fact that the wall must be 100% flat

Some just don't like them

:D

That 'some' would be you Chri5.......I...of course am directing this question at gunnersellit...... :LOL:

Does anybody know if these screw caps can be bought on their own? I could do with a few.

I was told to use silicon sealant rather than the caps as bacteria could get into the crack. I was given some odd instructions all to do with bacteria was not allowed to use Alan headed bolts for example. I was working in a cheese factory at the time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back