Puma 80

park said:
No that was a statement of fact, not a question
I know I'm going to regret this, but how can the following be a statement?

park said:
...think it's you trying to show how "good" a "boiler engineer" you are, have you ever worked on "proper boilers"

I will ignore that comment, because it just shows how immature you are.
Nicely ignored - good job. :D

Er, no, he really isn't.
I think the term, was the royal "we" have all the manuals, have you read them? (that is a question)
It wasn't the 'royal we' - all of the professionals posting on this topic have access to all of the available appliance manuals. And yet you quote bits of the Puma 80 manual as if you're educating us. It's laughable.

Sponsored Links
It wasn't the 'royal we' - all of the professionals posting on this topic have access to all of the available appliance manuals. And yet you quote bits of the Puma 80 manual as if you're educating us. It's laughable.

Who is trying to educate who :eek:

park said:
Is that a statement or a question?

If a question, why are you averse to using question marks?

Softus said:
park said:
Is that a statement or a question?

If a question, why are you averse to using question marks?

Oh I am very sorry about that,I'm not trying to educate anyone (statement)

Who are you trying to educate :?: :?: (question)

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
What was the fault, and what was the fix?

The fault - poor hot water temperature when on hot water only.
The fix - reduce the flow rate by altering the MFR.
The boiler is 11 year old, we moved in to the house 18months ago, most of the adjacent houses have had boiler changes, which proves there must have been a problem with the boiler installations in the first place. The estate is only a small one. The british gas service van is never away.

park said:
Softus said:
What was the fault, and what was the fix?
The fault - poor hot water temperature when on hot water only.
That's not a fault, that's a symptom. :rolleyes:

The fix - reduce the flow rate by altering the MFR.
That's not a fix, that's a workaround. :rolleyes:

Also, you said that you'd found a bad solder joint. So you've left it faulty, or you've resoldered it, or you've replaced the PCB.

most of the adjacent houses have had boiler changes, which proves there must have been a problem with the boiler installations in the first place.
Rubbish. Lots of my neighbours have had their roofs refurbished, but this doesn't prove that they were installed incorrectly. :rolleyes:

In my book it's a fault

If the flow rate is above 9.8l/min, it's a fix

Also, you said that you'd found a bad solder joint. So you've left it faulty, or you've resoldered it, or you've replaced the PCB.
No, as I indicated previous, read that part of the post again.
Rubbish. Lots of my neighbours have had their roofs refurbished, but this doesn't prove that they were installed incorrectly. :rolleyes:
Think there is a little difference there

park said:
In my book it's a fault
Your book is the nub of the problem here.

If the flow rate is above 9.8l/min, it's a fix
So what was the flow rate before you made any change?

No, as I indicated previous, read that part of the post again.
Tip: if you want your words to have a meaning other than the one they have, then use different words.

Well, at least you got your free advice. However, you seem unwilling to impart the necessary details that would benefit another novice with the same symptoms.

Softus said:
Well, at least you got your free advice. However, you seem unwilling to impart the necessary details that would benefit another novice with the same symptoms.
I think anyone could read the thread and learn from it, and I am sure that you would be only to willing answer any queries from another novice :LOL:

If you're competent, then fine, but the sad truth is that I've made a mistake in continuing to post on this topic. I thought some sense might come out of you, but clearly I was wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back