puma ch constant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could anyone offer some advice here. went to do landlords. a day before ,the tenant could turn off central heating without turning off mains. did the landlords and going back in twodays. potterton puma 80e. hotwater fine but ch on constant even though stat, program and ch switch on boiler is off!!!! had a look at m.i. and there doesnt seem to to be any c'h flow switches that could stuck. one chap as told me that if you pull off the c/h ptc it will fire up?? sounds implausible. any ideas. thanks

Sponsored Links
I am suprised that you actually got an answer,your grammer is appalling.

Sponsored Links
"pol pumber"

I am wondering if thats meant to be short for "POLish pLumber" ?

If that were the case then you should at least learn how to spell "pumber" which should be "plumber".

Of course perhaps you had other ideas.

It sounds as if the DHW flow switch is jammed on !

Tony

hi if the dhw flow switch was stuck on on why would the heat transfer to the heating circuit. ? wax dv would have to be knackered too wouldnt in order to allow the heat to dump intocentral heating circuit? btw agile pol is my gals name. pumber is what my baby son calls me.
that guy who said about grammer. pls find a live because you certainly cant offer constructive advice like others like agile!!!

On the puma, the diverter is activated by COLD on the front of the diverter valve caused by a flow of cold DHW into the boiler.

If there is no DHW flow then the front of the diverter valve gets warmed up by heat transfer from the rear section and closes the short circuit on the CH flow so that the CH flow goes round the rads.

If the DHW flow switch is jammed on then the boiler fires thinking there is a demand for DHE but as there is no cold water flowing into the boiler the diverter is in the CH position and the rads get hot !

So see if the SHW switch is on. Several causes, often water leaking from the diaphragm unit seal or just wrongly adjusted. If its all correct then there should be a 1 mm gap between the push rod and the switch.

Hows that?

Tony

hi if the dhw flow switch was stuck on on why would the heat transfer to the heating circuit. ? wax dv would have to be knackered too wouldnt in order to allow the heat to dump intocentral heating circuit? btw agile pol is my gals name. pumber is what my baby son calls me.
that guy who said about grammer. pls find a live because you certainly cant offer constructive advice like others like agile!!!

Sorry meant to write "Your Grandma was appalling"
Where can i find a "live" ?

thanks agile . btw baxi poti. try going to denmark and learn my language in 2 years like i have here!!!2 years and all you could do is order a beer and ask how much!!! moron as you say in this country. or is it uanker??

I don't know why your having a go at me, all I did was point out Baxmax spelt grammar wrong. Perhaps you should increase your medication. btw it's still, probably, a frost stat problem.

Jer skam burde drik flere i jeres bajer og lære hen til relax,sometimes vi netop være nødt til at nyde noget sjov.:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back