Pump installed the correct way up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have replaced the pump on my central heating system. It was replaced with a pump of the same manufacturer and installed with the flow in the same direction. The direction of flow sends the water to the mid position valve but there is another valve above the pump that indicates that the flow should flow in the opposite direction. Please see the following image for more detail.

pump.jpg

The rads heat up ok. The hot water pressure is temperamental but I am not sure if this is related.

My question is have I installed the pump with the flow in the correct direction?

Thank you in advance

Matthew

Sponsored Links
Ha!

Looks like it's OK but the Aerjec just isn't put in the way indicated by the arrows.

I expect the flow from the boiler comes up the pipe on the right. Hopefully the one above it is to the vent pipe above the f/e tank and the one from the left (marked vent - it's fuzzy?) is the feed from the f/e tank.

Is so, it's OK.

the simplest way is to fit it the way it was before.
the above is an air seperator.....they have to be fitted in cirtain ways but if its been working .....dont worry

ChrisR said:
Ha!
We like pictures of things done wrong!

Your pump's OK but the Aerjec should be rotated 90º clockwise.

The pipe to the left is the Vent (says so I think), which is where bubbles are supposed to go. I'm sure they wouldn't be ahsed to go sideways.

Explaining all that without the pic would have been hard...

The Aerjec was fitted by the plumber who installed it when the house was built :evil:
Could that be causing the problems I have with the hot water presure? It does seem to have a lot of air in the hot water system and the symptoms indicate an airlock (So I'm told).

Sponsored Links
Currington you maust have been quick! - I realised Iwas wrong when I had another look at the pic.
It's OK if it's installed as my rethink.
Otherwise I was right, and it's wrong, and my rethink was wrong and about the air in the HW side, you're right. OK??

ChrisR said:
Currington you maust have been quick! - I realised Iwas wrong when I had another look at the pic.
It's OK.

Sorry Chris :)

Jamie/Chris, do you think if the air seperator wasn't fitted correctly it would cause airlocks in the hot water system?

Thanks in advance

Matthew

the hot water (tap water) is seperate to the central heating. it does not mix with the central heating pipework/water etc.

JPC said:
the hot water (tap water) is seperate to the central heating. it does not mix with the central heating pipework/water etc.

Thanks Jamie and Chris

You've been very helpfull

Matthew

Please forgive my ignorance but can sombody please explain exactly what the Mid Position Valve does (I have a reasonable idea but I would like to hear from the experts).

Matt

currington said:
Please forgive my ignorance but can sombody please explain exactly what the Mid Position Valve does (I have a reasonable idea but I would like to hear from the experts).

Matt
Not an expert, Matt, just a visitor eager to learn, but I'll have a go at this one..

The MPV is a motorised valve with three connections (ports). These being pumped water in, CH outlet and HW outlet. The position of the valve will direct water to the CH only, the HW only or to both, as requested by your programmer.

:)

runs and ducks for cover if inaccurate

Thanks for that

So if its not functioning correctly could it have a negative effect on the hot water presure?

JPC said:

I thought the best place for an Aerjec was the local scrappy. That's where mine went when I moved in. Mind you it took 2 alterations to stop air getting in! Nice little Glow worm hideaway [OF] on a Y plan, BLISS.

Mark

Milk, no sugar ta.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back