pumps?

Sponsored Links
Can someone tell me what the numbers on a pump stand for ie 15-50, 25-50 ect. cheers

the first number denotes the pipe size, the second number denotes flowrate

tin hat on, i know a 15/50 is on 22mm pipe take it up with Grundfoss!!

Can someone tell me what the numbers on a pump stand for ie 15-50, 25-50 ect. cheers

Hi, could you explain this a bit more? I want to replace a 15-50 pump, which is on 22mm pipe.
So should I change to 25-50? The pump dimensions are identical, so it would be a straight swap. Will it reduce flow noise, or should I stay with the same bore?

The first number is the head 15 = 5m 16 = 6m, and the second number is the flow rate, how much water it shifts.

Sponsored Links
different from me , the 15 in a 15-50 denotes the pipe diameter of the inlets and the 50 is the head in centimeters.

I'm with picasso, the Second number IS THE HEAD i.e /50= 5Mtr
/60= 6 Mtr, the 15/ or 25/ mean jack sh*t, if you look at Grundfos domestic Branded pumps, they generally start 15/, but take a loook at an Identical manufacturer's branded i.e. Worcester, Grant etc etc they are usually 25/ :confused:

have to agree with the others that first number is the port size.

Don't tell me you think it's the pipe size as well :LOL:

lcgs got it right, the rest are still trying :evil:

now its getting confusing, if lcgs is right with the first number being the port size then the second number must be the head, which is what I said in the first place

Don't tell me you think it's the pipe size as well

I don't believe anyone posting on this thread thinks its the pipe size but the first number is certainly not the head and the second the flowrate as you incorrectly suggest. :rolleyes:

now its getting confusing, if lcgs is right with the first number being the port size then the second number must be the head, which is what I said in the first place

You said pipe size, not port size.

Sorry but you're all wrong anyway. :evil:

Don't tell me you think it's the pipe size as well

I don't believe anyone posting on this thread thinks its the pipe size but the first number is certainly not the head and the second the flowrate as you incorrectly suggest. :rolleyes:

It's getting silly now.

The numbers are ft height and Ltrs/sec. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back