Purpose made cupboard door

general comments not sure what you are trying to acheiveve

the thickness off the door makes zero difference to the amount the door opens that is decided by the hinge position the skirting position and angle off cut
if you move the hinge knuckle out say 3mm the door will open perhaps 10% more the same with increasing face angle to shallower and increase the set back on the skirting by 2mm each side you could perhaps be at 45 degrees with all 3 actions ??

Sponsored Links
Yes, definitely cheap and nasty! ;)

View attachment 246091
All I can say then is that there must be an awful lot of definitely cheap and nasty kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, living rooms and dining rooms around, as all of those will/can easily contain cupboards of some sort with 18mm doors.

I wonder which companies you think dont make cheap and nasty kitchen cabinets, wardrobes, sideboards, TV cabinets, dressers, bedside cabinets....

All I can say then is that there must be an awful lot of definitely cheap and nasty kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, living rooms and dining rooms around, as all of those will/can easily contain cupboards of some sort with 18mm doors.

I wonder which companies you think dont make cheap and nasty kitchen cabinets, wardrobes, sideboards, TV cabinets, dressers, bedside cabinets....

The winky face might have been a clue that I was not being serious :)
The pic was my cheap and nasty cupboard under the stairs, in my cheap and nasty house, that I made from cheap and nasty IKEA wardrobe doors - I was quite happy with the result!

It also depends on your definition and pronunciation of nasty!
According to 'Urban Dictionary':

...5. an expression of approval or impressment with regard to a object's aesthetic or functional value
... - "Thanks dad! My new bike is nasty!
-"Damn, that girl is nasty!"

The IKEA doors were definitely cheap and naasteeee! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The winky face might have been a clue that I was not being serious :)

Yes - Im too late to come back and edit my #17 out of existence. I was searching the site to see if anybody else had ever suggested using off-the-shelf doors and making the frame to suit, and I found your post about the understair cupboards and realised you were being sarcastic here.

Sorry. :oops:

I guess its now down to JobAndKnock to justify his original claim....

The pic was my cheap and nasty cupboard under the stairs, in my cheap and nasty house, that I made from cheap and nasty IKEA wardrobe doors - I was quite happy with the result!
Misinterpretation can sometimes be too easy. And sometimes produce funny results..

:ROFLMAO:

It also depends on your definition and pronunciation of nasty!
According to 'Urban Dictionary':

...5. an expression of approval or impressment with regard to a object's aesthetic or functional value
... - "Thanks dad! My new bike is nasty!
-"Damn, that girl is nasty!"
Or it might mean what the traditional meaning is. Im led to believe that some people like nasty girls.

And I remember seeing Dara Ó Briain on Mock The Week once saying how having a daughter changed the meaning of "youre a dirty little girl". :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back