Hinges for understairs cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am building an understairs cupboard using hollow doors I am cutting down to size.

Id like to use kitchen cupboard door hinges as they are adjustable so I can get the doors sitting perfectly.

Will the hollow doors be strong enough for these one I cut out the circular hole to put the hinge in?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
only iff they are thinner than around 18mm
and solid where you are drilling the holes
so no and no ;)

No as Al says they will only work with thinner doors and reveals.
Some go up to about 25mm but that's about it. but most have a std set of 18mm anything above that and they need setting up slightly differently and will need bigger margins at the hinge side.
If you want invisible hinges then use soss hinges, but if it's even margins that concern you then take your time setting up your opening to ensure it's all plumb and square and carefully shoot the door in.
Those hinges aren't meant to get round poor construction

Sponsored Links
If you cut down a hollow door you end up with fire wood.They lose integrity unless you reconstruct them correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back