put lights onto tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to attach some lights to bathroom tiles (connected to electrics) but am worried about cracking the tiles if I drill into them.
I already tried some heavy duty tape but it doesn't seem to hold either from humidity or the tiles are not 100% flat.

Would no more nails work or silicone sealant maybe?
Can I just run sealant all around the edge of the light in a rectangle and then squah it on the wall?

Sponsored Links
Silicone sealant will stick to tiles.
If you want to drill them, its not difficult, dont use drill on hammer. dont drill near the edge, use a good masonary drill, use masking tape so the drill bit does not slip.

Bathrooms are notifiable locations and the only thing related to electrics you can do without breaking the regulations, is to change like for like. If the lights were already there and you just want to replace them, there would be plugs in the tiles, I imagine. So 1) it is likely you are doing illegal work and 2) are going to do it in a substandard way.

Drill the tiles. And find an electrician to check your installation.

Bathrooms are notifiable locations and the only thing related to electrics you can do without breaking the regulations, is to change like for like. If the lights were already there and you just want to replace them, there would be plugs in the tiles, I imagine. So 1) it is likely you are doing illegal work and 2) are going to do it in a substandard way.

Drill the tiles. And find an electrician to check your installation.

new house, new tiles, 1 light with earth, live, and neut.
Are there regs on whether you use screws or sealant?

Sponsored Links
There's a firm called 365 drills thay are the best of the best tile drilling bits out there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back