Putting a freezer in the loft :p

Before doing anything, identify the cause of the noise. Likely suspects would be loose mounting bolts on the compressor, or something is resting against / has fallen onto it.

If the noise is actually coming from within the compressor, then it's time for a new freezer.

Sponsored Links
Heavy and vibrating machine supported on joists designed to support only a ceiling and some static ( not vibrating) boxes of stored items could be a bad idea.

Thanks for the thoughts.

I could buy another freezer but that would be fairly noisy too, and like I said, I thought it would be nice to have the living room as quiet as possible. I wouldn't mind nipping in to the loft when I need to get in to the freezer. I spend a lot of time in my room so it would probably be more convenient :)

I would definitely prefer a bit of compressor hum in my living room than my bedroom at 3 in the morning! I used to live in a flat where the kitchen backed onto the bedroom, and as such the FF backed onto the bedroom. Not fun

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't mind nipping in to the loft when I need to get in to the freezer. I spend a lot of time in my room so it would probably be more convenient :)
So just two things to consider.
  1. Will the joists take the weight?
  2. Does it get too cold in there in the winter, or too hot in the summer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back