Putting downstairs loo back in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you need building regs to put a downstairs loo back in that was taken out by previous owners.

Sponsored Links
They have concreted over where they have taken it out but can still see the ring where loo was and pipe work gone will it be expensive to put back in .

Sponsored Links
Depends on what needs doing to put the waste back in , cold feeds are easy to run

Where's your soil stack in relation to the toilet?

Last edited:
Looking at next door it would be about 3 meters away as toilets were in the single storey flat roof extensions . Looks like they removed the separate soil stack and concreted that drain. The drains run around the back of house. But as I am a corner house they run around to the front of mine and I have a man hole cover on my drive also . You will probably say show a plumber your drainage plans

Its a bit of a shame they filled everything in when they took out the toilet , I've always found a downstairs loo incredibly useful

Putting the waste back in is what's gonna cost you , not on parts cause waste pipe is cheap but on labour , I would recommend getting quotes from at least three plumbers to compare and if you do some of the work yourself will bring the cost down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back