putting feet to a big mirror

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've just moved to a rented house. I've got the following mirror
http://m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/30178426/

The problem is that there is no hooks in the walls and I'm not allow to make one.

So that I am thinking what to do with it..

The mirror frame has 2cm high and 4cm width, maybe looking for two pieces of wood and screw them to the mirror would work as feet ??

We have no kids, so that there's no need to fix it to a wall.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The mirror frame has 2cm high and 4cm width, maybe looking for two pieces of wood and screw them to the mirror would work as feet ??
I think that you'd end up busting it at some stage. Have yoy thought about putting a couple of hinged legs with a cross brace at the back to turn it into a chevalier mirror?

17054gold.jpg

Very easy to make something like this....
mirrorstand.png

Extend the feet about 300mm and placed against a wall you will find it very stable.
If you want it free standing then mirror image (no pun intended) the feet to the opposite side.

Fit strip of flat aluminium either side and bend over top to hang on the back of a door.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys
Thanks for your help.

The solution that foxhole indicates looks the easier to me (beside the one that freddymercury proposes, which is the way the mirror is right now :)

I will keep it in mind, but I'm a bit reluctant to hang it on the door.

Still deciding between the other two solutions. The main problem is that, as I am living in a rented house, I don't have too many tools with me.

I have basically a hammer and a set of screw drivers, so that I would need either to look for something more or less done, or to look for somebody to have it done.

Do you know if I can get one of those legs already made somewhere??

Thanks

I have basically a hammer

Thats all you need and a 1/4 pound of 2 1/2" nails.
Get the timber yard to cut the the sticks for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back