Putting The Cladding Issue Right

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gove is attempting to do this.

It is to be applauded, however, do you think he is trying to gain popularity to boost his position as a potential future PM?

Sponsored Links
Gove's proposal is an over simplification of a complex problem that varies from project to project. So yes I think it's primarily headline grabbing.

Awful situation for the leaseholders, I do feel sorry for them.

Some these people are couples who were looking to move to start a family, but now stuck with no way out

Sponsored Links
do you think he is trying to gain popularity to boost his position as a potential future PM?

yes, of course

and he'll have the press behind him because he is Murdoch's chosen one

Of his statement this (for me) is the most immediately useful decision.
"Restoring common sense to building assessments: indemnifying building assessors from being sued; and withdrawing the old, misinterpreted government advice that prompted too many buildings being declared as unsafe;"

Gove is attempting to do this.

Not trying very hard, is he? After Grenfell, Australia replaced all its cladding.
We now have buildings with no cladding - they erected scaffolding, removed the cladding, then took the scaffolding down again. Obviously they have no plans to insulate poor people's homes - they would much prefer to help rich people install heat pumps.

Sponsored Links
Back