Puzzle: Weird looking TV mount / bracket (link fixed)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have just recently bought an apartment and there are 2 TV mount in the apartment which is weird looking and doesn't look similar to anything on the market. Not sure whether it is missing some bits? Just thought to show you guys to solve the puzzle

Q9JVBnF.jpg

Thanks
Merry Xmas!

Sponsored Links
I think your picture link is broken. Well, it is for me at least on both Android and a Windows PC

Do you see the horizontal posts with the notches sticking out? Well, on the back of the two TVs there's an adapter plate that mates up to those perfectly.

So, either the previous house owners are a bit dim and just unhooked the TVs, or they were stolen before the house was sold. The lack of any obvious damage suggests to me that the TVs have still got the plates on the back.

If the owners left a mail-forwarding address then get in contact and see about getting the plates back. The brackets are part of the fixtures and fittings, so by rights you paid for them as part of the house deal. Also the plates are useless on their own as are the wall cantilevers. So they might as well return them because they're no damned use to either party as it stands.

Before you ask about spares... No. Don't waste your time. Stuff like this is mass produced in China. They don't give a stuff about supplying spares. It's a volume business based on whole product sales only. That's why cantilever brackets sell from £40 on Ebay and not £140

Thanks lucid!
I will check it out now and contact the previous owner..
what a pain...
Thanks for your speedy reply

Sponsored Links
Dear lucid / other DIYnot-er
It is looking very unlikely that I can get the backplate back.
I am planning to replace it by myself.
Are the backplate specification universal?
ie, if I buy a brand new cantilever mount does that mean that I only need the backplate from the new unit rather than replacing the whole unit?

Or must I replace the whole mount as it is likely going to be incompatible?

Thanksssss

No, they aren't. That was the whole point of what I posted before really. You can't get spares, so you're going to have to buy an entire new bracket for each. Even the holes in the wall will be in different places.

You see, even if you could find the exact same design of bracket, you won't be able to get spares. So you're back to square one which is replacing the entire bracket. It's a pain, but that's the way it is.

Dear lucid / other DIYnot-er
It is looking very unlikely that I can get the backplate back.
I am planning to replace it by myself.
ie, if I buy a brand new cantilever mount does that mean that I only need the backplate from the new unit rather than replacing the whole unit?

Or must I replace the whole mount as it is likely going to be incompatible?

Thanksssss

There are however a few universal specs regarding the mounting on the back of the TV itself, so you shouldn't need to buy a specific mounting bracket for a specific TV.
But you will probably have to buy a new bracket unless you strike it lucky and find a spare bit for your existing one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back