Puzzling lighting switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of a redecoration project I'm looking to replace several light switches with something "posher". :)

I've worked out what I need in all cases except one. The switch looks like it's been put together from modules, but I'm hopeful that I can source a replacement from a standard range.

Can anyone identify what I need? The switch is part of a lighting set controlling upstairs landing and downstairs hall lights. The upstairs lights can be controlled from three locations. I hope the attached pic clarifies things.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The one on the right is an intermediate so that's what you need.

A pair of intermediates will be fine.

The one on the right is an intermediate so that's what you need.

A pair of intermediates will be fine.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Presumably the intermediate not used as an intermediate will need to be wired to function as a normal two-way. How's this done?

Sponsored Links
Back in the old days they did not make double internediate switches. They aren't too common even now. So maybe select a range that has a 2 gang intermediate or you'll be forced down the grid switch road and end up with something like you already have :!:

There's info in the wonderful WIKI on how to use an intermediate as a 2-way switch. Its is at the bottom of this page //www.diynot.com/wiki/Electrics:Intermediate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back