PV thermal store

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all new on this forum and looking for some help with above project.

I want to a OSO unvented indirect stainless cylinder as a thermal store to preheat water before it goes to my boiler. This will run off the emmersion heater controlled by a switch to turn on the heater when electricity is going back to the grid from our PV SYSTEM when we are not using the electricity.

What I want help with, do I use the 210 Ltrs of stored water to connect to the boiler or use the coil inside the cylinder in reverse?

Also how would I wire in a pipe thermostat with a pump to only pump this water to the boiler when it is up to temperature? A wiring diagram would help please.

Sponsored Links
The boiler is Worcester heatslave with its own thermal store of about 75 Ltrs. This has already been modified to with trappings and pipe work to take a secondary hot water supply instead of water from the heat exchanger in the boiler.

Can I supply any other information?

Sponsored Links
It wouldn't work as a thermal store, the coil is in the wrong place and is too small.

you are using a term "Thermal store" you do not have a thermal store , that is something completely different

Hi all can a tmv be used in reverse? So that the hot water from the cylinder enter the tmv from the normal mixed outlet, the hot water from the boiler through the hot inlet and exit the valve to the taps from the normal cold inlet.

I'm trying to set up a system that will take water from a cylinder that is heated by solar energy or from the Worcester heatslave with priority given to the solar water when it is hot and therefore not pass through the Worcester inbuilt thermal store, or fire up the boiler, or let this solar water pass through the Worcester thermal store when cold thus loosing its heat on the way to the taps?

Your project sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I won't be furnishing you with the drawings and part codes that I have that will make it operate (dangerously) as you intend.

Dan Robinson your answer isn't useful at all so why comment. You imply that with drawings and part codes there is a system that will work safely is what I'm looking for and why I'm asking those who might know

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back