PVC Door very draughty and cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Working on an old bungalow renovation - Kitchen is very very cold, have noticed that a pvc door that was previously installed is very draughty and cold... rest of house is warm but this particular corner of the kitchen is barely getting heat despite being 2 foot from a rad. Door install is clearly not the best - how can I rectify this. At the minute i'm not worried about the step finish etc, just to lock out the cold and air. Also, unsure if proper DPC has been fitted to this and another PVC double french door - could any action be taken without taking out the doors themselves... pictures attached.

Can I use expanding foam and/or sealant to seal air from outside?

Immediatly surround the pvc door, floor and frame temperatures are very low - floor barely reaching 8/9 degrees.

Centre of kitchen floors reading 14*C - where as room next to kitchen 17*C on floor, room next again 18*C

234ea4dc-d3ed-4462-a8a8-c478aa14e2f9.jpg

522d74ae-77f8-4448-88ae-c82e963ca674.jpg

ae886a84-4dd5-4d9f-bb08-44bbeb49f425.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back