Pyronix alarm siren bell box battery replacement

Sponsored Links
Thanks I’ll order this one but can u pls help me with some final questions please?

1 - does it matter battery in your link is 5000 mah and mine was 4700mah? The one I posted was an exact match In terms of voltage mah etc ?

2 - do u need to change any settings after replacing batteries? Previously people said no - but does it know that the battery is “new” or do u have have to re program anything on the panel to “set” it as a new battery?

would really appreciate pls

Sponsored Links
Thanks all so much for advice

Put in engineers code (had no idea what “software revision” meant so didn’t touch anything

pressed button on siren boxes soon as flap opened to silence

replaced battery

engineer menu exited all by itself (I didn’t know how to exit myself??) so no settings were changed by me to suggest a new battery has been installed.

Question 1) I had - is there any way to check how much juice is left in the siren or each pir sensor?? Be good to know if any need replacing soon.....

question 2)

when it comes to changing to the pir battery assume I’ll get a similar message on panel?? When I do, is it the same process as above ?? Or do I need to do anything differently minus the silencer on siren box...

Thanks all so much for advice

Put in engineers code (had no idea what “software revision” meant so didn’t touch anything

pressed button on siren boxes soon as flap opened to silence

replaced battery

engineer menu exited all by itself (I didn’t know how to exit myself??) so no settings were changed by me to suggest a new battery has been installed.

Question 1) I had - is there any way to check how much juice is left in the siren or each pir sensor?? Be good to know if any need replacing soon.....

question 2)

when it comes to changing to the pir battery assume I’ll get a similar message on panel?? When I do, is it the same process as above ?? Or do I need to do anything differently minus the silencer on siren box...

Where ever you are in the engineers menu keep hitting NO till the display is all in CAPITALS the press A to exit engineers.

1)There is a battery status check DIAGNOSTICS-Wireless devices-Battery Status this will then do a 300second count down to check batteries on sensors. Although this isn’t ideal as it only gives you two outcomes GOOD- which means the battery has longer than a month left or REPLACE-Replace ASAP

2)yes similar message on the panel hopefully describing which sensor it is that needs replacement batteries enter engineers menu replace the battery (CR123 for PIR) exit engineers menu the siren shouldn’t sound once for battery changes on detectors

I changed the battery in my external bell. AFAIK you shouldn’t have to program anything but when I tested to see if the external bell would sound if I simulated break in the alarm sounded at the key pad but not the external bell. Does anybody know if I have to get the system to re-learn the bell?

Is it a mk2 bellbox ? Two flat batteries and NO terminal for aux power input ( there is no connector on the pcb)

I changed the battery in my external bell. AFAIK you shouldn’t have to program anything but when I tested to see if the external bell would sound if I simulated break in the alarm sounded at the key pad but not the external bell. Does anybody know if I have to get the system to re-learn the bell?
I think it is a known fault from about 2 years ago that if you change the batteries the siren becomes faulty. Hope not been I’ve certainly read about it before.

I’ve had 2 mk2 bell boxes with this issue siren not working after battery change but strobe works ok...lucky both where still in warranty and replaced

I had one go faulty today after a battery change. Had to swap bell module

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back