Pyronix Anti Code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how to generate an anti code for a tamper restore if the engineers code isn’t available?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Not really... It’s not letting end users get into the engineers menu so being able to anti code restore is hardly the end of the world

Pretty sure if I had contacted Pyronix they’d have signposted me to the same place, perhaps not publicly mind you

Well, that's completely buggered setting any more panels to anti-code restore!

No point now, every Tom, Dick & Harry knows how to do it.
I've been wondering - what's the use case for this configuration, where they have to contact a third party to request a reset? Is this in the case where you have an ARC and want to be sure that the end-user contacts them to confirm the alarm cause prior to a reset?

Used commercially more often - often part of the ARC contract

Not really... It’s not letting end users get into the engineers menu so being able to anti code restore is hardly the end of the world

Pretty sure if I had contacted Pyronix they’d have signposted me to the same place, perhaps not publicly mind you

Pyronix will only point you to that page if you registered with them as an Installer. They would not do this as a User.

I sort of take your point about being a halfway house.... but many monitored systems are configured this way so that the Alarm Company knows that the system has gone into a tamper or alarm state. They would, after all, be held to account if the system failed to work as it should in the event of a break-in so its only proper that tamper or false alarm events shouldn't be hidden from them.

Tbf i found that page within a couple of minutes of googling after the one on the castle caretech website was removed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back