Pyronix Deltabell Plus Backlight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently installed a home security system using a texecom Veritas panel with a Pyronix deltabell plus illuminated bellbox along with a handful of sensors. System works great however after checking over the system after completion and all working as should I have since noticed the backlight on the pyronix bellbox no longer illuminates when it's dark. If I go into engineering mode and test the strobe and then turn off the bellbox now illuminates. Could this be a faulty light dependant resistor or is there something in the installation I have done wrong? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your input. I would definitely say the area is dark enough with no street light visable to its position. I'm hoping it's the new type as once I have tested the strobe and the backlight remains on at night when I leave the house in the morning it's turned off. If it was the old type would it be illuminate all the time? Thanks

Turns out there is a grommet surround missing from the light dependant resistor which assists in blocking out the light. If this is missing then it requires it to be very dark in order to operate. Another issue is the LED indicators can reflect off the cover causing enough brightness to prevent the LDR from detecting darkness.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bring this back up didn't want to start a new thread.
I currently have an enforcer V10 panel and the deltabell WE bell box.
I am replacing this with the deltabell plus new one with LDR.
Does the panel have enough power to run the backlight at nights or does it need another PSU and if so does the PSU just connect to the +/-12v on bellbox?. Not sure on the SAB or SCB modes and what one to have selected.
The wiring diagram also shows a link between T and -12v and others have mentions resistors, there is no mention of this in the diagram I have.

Thanks

Sorry for bringing up a old thread but we’re is this gromit as mine has stopped lighting up at night due to a led streetlights been installed outside my house.

Delta x has light box ....sold separately and only plugs onto delta x module

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back