Pyronix Enforcer Door Contact Keeps Being Triggered

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. The Pyronix Enforcer alarm on my house went off this week and it showed a contact on one of my rear external doors had triggered it. Luckily it was not a break in as the door was untouched (confirmed by cctv). The panel indicated the door contact was triggered and so I reset it. No faults were showing on the system. A few days later, the same thing happened and then again during the night when I had the alarm set in night mode. It is the same door contact triggering the alarm each time. I carried out a walk test on all PIR's and door contacts and all completed fine with no warnings. There are no 'low battery' warnings either although the same battery has been installed since October 2018 (32 months). Would anyone have any ideas as to why this door contact seems to be activating the alarm after several hours of being set? I will replace the battery but wondered if there is possibly another reason? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
How big is the gap between the magnet / contact ( post picture ) could be a bad Reed switch in the unit ...

Thank you sparkymarka. Picture attached.

Attachments

• 20210526_113538.jpeg
    20210526_113538.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 143
Sponsored Links
Thank you sparkymarka. Would you therefore recommend I buy a whole new Pyronix magnetic contact to sort this issue? The current model on the door is MC1MINI-WE so I could purchase a replacement and install / set up if you think this is the best solution. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back