Pyronix Enforcer questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have just completed my DIY alarm project and installed Pyronix Enforcer at home. I have to admit that it took me a bit longer than I expected but it was well worth it - so far not regrets.

The alarm works fine with full and part set but I still have two questions:

1) As far I know all wireless sensors are being activated only when alarm is set to preserve battery power. All my PIR sensors have a blue led on but even when alarm is not set the blue leds are being triggered when passing across the sensors. Is this expected or I’m missing something?

2) In the hope that shock sensors may deter an intruder before breaks in occur I installed contact and shock sensors (Shock-we) on all my doors and some windows. I’m wondering how the front doors shock sensor should be set up to achieve this. All my sensors are set to 06 Intruder except for the front door contact and shock 07 Final exit and hall PIR 09 ER. In this configuration the shock sensor on the front door does not trigger alarm because of entry timer. If I change it to 06 the alarm is triggered when I open the front door and it is too late to unset it. Should I adjust sensor sensitivity and leave it at 06 or maybe it should be configured in a different way? I could use a keyfob to unset the alarm before I open the front door but this is not an ideal workaround.

Sponsored Links
1 normal
2 shock detectors are not designed to detect a door being opened, for forced entry only ...

1 normal
2 shock detectors are not designed to detect a door being opened, for forced entry only ...

Many thanks for the confirmation re 1.

Regarding the shock detector what I meant is that opening door is enough for sensor to detect vibrations hence triggering alarm. Should I set it to 06 anyway and try to calibrate sensitivity or is there any other more appropriate setting for this sensor?

Is the internal shock sensor the correct way depending on mounting location ?
Post picture of shock on door and inside of unit

Sponsored Links
Is the internal shock sensor the correct way depending on mounting location ?
Post picture of shock on door and inside of unit

Yes arrow pointing to the sky. I can post pictures in the evening. So as far setting is concern it should be set to 06?

All my PIR sensors have a blue led on but even when alarm is not set the blue leds are being triggered when passing across the sensors. Is this expected or I’m missing something?

This is not correct. The pir leds should not work when the system is unset.

All my PIR sensors have a blue led on but even when alarm is not set the blue leds are being triggered when passing across the sensors. Is this expected or I’m missing something?

This is not correct. The pir leds should not work when the system is unset.

If this is not correct then what could be a reason for this?

I have not had a time to take a pictures yet but I will post them tomorrow.

The leds on the pirs will work for 10 minutes if the pir lid is removed then replaced. This allows the installer/user to gauge the coverage given by the pir. After 10 minutes the leds will be disabled until the system is set. The leds will also work when the system is in walk test mode.

I suspect that your detectors are not learnt to the system or the circuit is programmed as unused.

If you go into the walk test menu do the detectors show there?

I suspect that your detectors are not learnt to the system or the circuit is programmed as unused.

If you go into the walk test menu do the detectors show there?

All PIRs are learnt and visible in the walk test.

34A271AC-98DF-4C32-A41C-845E0DEE10A9.jpeg 8E93A4E3-5030-4DA9-BE34-9CEA3D1C4DED.jpeg 6B74CE32-25BA-4AF9-AC85-E815E747340C.jpeg

As promised I attach the photos, however while taking the photos I decided to recalibrate the sensor and retest. That did a trick and it now works as expected with sensor set to 06.

Regarding my first question I got contradictory answers and it would be nice to get some further clarification.

Two more questions:
1) can you trigger panic alarm from the procontrol+ app while being on holiday?
2) is it possible to set a different zone with keyfob without unseting (unlock button) first? This is possible with the app.

Thanks

The only way i can think of to set up a panic alarm system though the app is to program one of the outputs to user defined then connect it into one of the inbuilt zones and program that as panic.

Not sure about the keyfob as long as the user is set to flexi set cant see why not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back