Pyronix Enforcer random tamper alarm (when unset)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

The house I've lived in for a year has a Pyronix Enforcer 10 and during the last week it has sounded when unset at random times.

Last Thursday it went off twice in the evening, showing a tamper with areas A, B and C all affected.

After a quiet weekend, it has gone off 6 times in the last hour showing exactly the same fault. In that time I have been out and it arms itself fine, and the back door sensor works fine.

I have booked a repair/service but the earliest appointment I got was this Friday. In the last half hour it hasn't gone off. I've no idea what is causing the tamper fault - there's no battery warnings and the control panel works fine with the mains supply cut off (in fuse box). Thought it could be a mains issue as it's not alarmed since the fuse switch off.

It's a modern build and the alarm was fitted approx 3 years ago. Is this simply going to be a tamper switch fault? Is there anything I can do to stop the alarm sounding at 100db should it fault again before it's service?

• tamper fault, coincidence it has been early evening each time (including last week). All zones affected when alarming.
  • Only happens when alarm is unset.
  • I've switched the fuse for the alarm off at the mains for the time being - though worried when the battery drains it'll trigger again?

Sponsored Links
It's just gone off again even with the mains switch off, so that's back on now.

Any ideas how I can shut the thing up so I'm not driven crazy before Friday?

I've had a chat with my dad who suggested if it becomes more of a problem before Friday to take the battery out of the main control panel - I assume it alarm when I dare touch the screws but then silence once I've taken the battery out (with the mains obviously disabled). I thought the external house alarm box would siren as well though, with then no way to turn if off with the control panel dead?

In the meantime I've set the alarm to zone C only, which is my garden shed. Thinking along the lines of it only going off when unset (so far), so setting it might help?

Sponsored Links
Funnily enough I've just got off the phone with one of those emergency 24hr alarm companies and whilst the man I spoke to isn't in a position to help tonight, he did seem to think it was a bellbox issue, perhaps a battery problem.

Worryingly he did suggest it could go on and off all night :cry: I'm keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't.

Yep...... it will probably be the external bell tamper switch which is faulty or needs adjusting.
Iv heard loads of faulty tamper switches on these bells.

What causes it to trigger? It seems so random - like several times within an hour this evening, then a gap of several days back to last week??

It is siren 1 tamper which is the bellbox out front I assume. I can't get anyone out to fix it until tomorrow so it's gonna be an all-nighter for me. It's gone off 7 times in 20 minutes after having a quieter hour prior. Chuffin' 'ell! :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back