Pyronix fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Yesterday my mums area had major rain and the electricity went off for 4/5 hours.

Its only has 2 PIRs and its now saying theres a fault on PIR 2

the PIR flashes when walking past it but doesn’t work on the walk test and it shows F on the diagnostic.

Wiring hasn’t come out.
+ and - on pir and control panel - 13V
Blue and yellow on both pir - 13V
Z1 - 2V
Z2 - 13V

I’m guessing its something to do with the wiring but not sure what I’m looking for/ what to test specifically.

Hoping I don't need to run new wires.

Attached are some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_5354.jpeg
    IMG_5354.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5355.jpeg
    IMG_5355.jpeg
    391.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5356.jpeg
    IMG_5356.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 65
Sponsored Links
Zones 2-10 are showing in fault.
Are your user codes still working as originally programmed ?
Could have lost panel programming and defaulted to factory settings following power fault.

Last edited:
Zones 2-10 are showing in fault.
Are your user codes still working as originally programmed ?
Could have lost panel programming and defaulted to factory settings following power fault.

Yes the user codes are still the same.

So what do I do now and how do I fix 2-10 showing fault? Will a clean start sort it out?

No DO NOT clean start.
Have been into the engineers function when trying to resolve fault?

Sponsored Links
No DO NOT clean start.
Have been into the engineers function when trying to resolve fault?
Yes isn’t the diagnostic in the engineering menu? If so, I’ve been in there but not sure how to resolve as everything looks ok but not sure how clear the fault.

Was this a self install by yourself or installer?
Go into each zone input to check programming.
1 & 2 should be programmed with zone input you require eg final for 1 and intruder for 2.
Zones 3 to 10 need to be not used.

Whats the resistance value for zone 2 in diagnostics? Also check this with a multimeter on the blue and yellow ( disconnected from panel )

Was this a self install by yourself or installer?
Go into each zone input to check programming.
1 & 2 should be programmed with zone input you require eg final for 1 and intruder for 2.
Zones 3 to 10 need to be not used.
Yes it was self install back in 2017.

Yes I had checked that and it was fine, I have just unused zone 2 because the fault was still there so the panel didn’t keep going off. Zone 3-10 unused

When looking at the endstation zones on diagnostics, press yes, will let u scroll through the zones and show resistance values. Should be 2.2k/6.9k with lid on pir. Its showing F so is not seeing the correct resistance value. Move to another zone as the input may be faulty, can also try moving the yellow wire on the pir across 1 terminal to rule out device tamper switch, if that dont work will have to get the multimeter out

I would power cycle the panel, which is what I was going to say earlier.

i Would probably replace panel back up battery if it’s never been replaced and do a power cycle.

looks like the panel has been upset possibly a power spike, the programming and fittings should have changed.

when you put back together the pirs check they are properly together,

if you have a meter you could measure what’s coming back to the panel manually

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back