Q..(rhymes with beer removed for snowflake faux offended) Starmer the charmer does a 180

Sponsored Links
A fact about Brexit. The Norway option would have provided some of what the ERG were arguing about and would also have been a much easier ride and less arguments during negotiations. This it seems could also significantly reduce contributions - according to reports at the time anyway.

The title of this thread. Daft really. Starmer is just saying Brexit is done - end of. Hardly surprising really. Any previous views will be nothing other than the usual politicking. The LIberals on the other hand appear to have said something entirely different. The Greens - I haven't a clue.

Seems people have also forgotten that Starmer was put forwads as Labour's brexit negotiator if they were handling it. Instead we got get brexit done. Nice simple slogan to pull people in just like most of the campaign was.
A Norway style option would have meant the country would have been far less divided, and we wouldn't have had about 1million people marching in London demanding a People's Vote.

It would have been more democratic.

If we tried to renegotiate to rejoin the EU we would never get the terms we had before we left ( we never had it so good )
If as claimed we can still sell into the EU without hindrance it could still prove to be part of a wider solution. The requirement for that is sufficient work done here. It seems some stuff may have been creeping through where there wasn't enough done here. I only heard mention of one. A bloke who made jackets.

I did hear of one factor that may be relevant while we were in the EU. It concerned how SME's were handled. That is the posh term for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises.

Sponsored Links
A Norway style option would have meant the country would have been far less divided
Sadly the xenophobes/racists who voted for brexit wouldn't have countenanced that..

Because it would have meant that freedom of movement would have continued, and as we all know brexiteers blame 'foreigners' for all their problems...

They would have been marching with pitchforks and torches in hand demanding their rights as prejudiced isolationist idiots be upheld...

Even though they 'represented' a minority of the electorate!

Take all the caper going on

Ukraine
Ahfganistan
Syria
Covid
Monkey pox
Price of fuel gas and leccy and
Grub

Migration

Global warming

North Korea

Taiwan

What do they all have in common
Yes exactly

Foreigners

all caused by foreigners ;)

Take all the caper going on

Ukraine
Ahfganistan
Syria
Covid
Monkey pox
Price of fuel gas and leccy and
Grub

Migration

Global warming

North Korea

Taiwan

What do they all have in common
Yes exactly

Foreigners

all caused by foreigners ;)
UK is far from perfect, however I agree many of the world's problems stem from countries that are in some sort of turmoil, often (it appears) for year after year or even decade after decade.

Yes (cause I'm expecting some flack for typing the above) I'm well aware the UKs past and even recent history in terms of world politics etc has sometimes left a LOT to be desired. Nevertheless, there's no denying (e.g. if you take migration) that people want or feel a need to leave these countries.

Want the good news? It's not going to change. Actually I reckon it's going to get worse over coming decades.

OT but whether we like it or not, leaders need at least charisma to appeal to the masses.

Starmer. Charisma? Eh ...
dumb.png

A Norway style option would have meant the country would have been far less divided, and we wouldn't have had about 1million people marching in London demanding a People's Vote.

It would have been more democratic.
Farage talked about a Norway deal

staying in the SM would’ve meant almost no economic damage.

Of course that's what you meant!

You should go back to a profile picture of Boris, it suited you better.
In your senile years i think you've mistaken me with someone else on here perhaps?

Sponsored Links
Back