Qualcast 35s lawnmower idelle very well but dies when cutting or moving suffolk punch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a qualcast 35s mostly used with scarifier. I have been using for the last few year on this way. start at first pull idle very well but when cutting or moving it dies after a minute or less. Did not bother as only use scarifier once a year but was a nightmare to keep starting her every minute o less for a very small garden

Put a new carburettor but nothing same issue. removed cap from tank and nothing has changes.

Issue must be somewhere else but not sure where.

Anyone get same issue in the past?

Sponsored Links
Check the flow of fuel from the tank - bypassing any filter that may be there.
Pop a new plug in just to rule this out.
I guess this is a black painted carburettor - a Dell'orto?
John :)

Check the flow of fuel from the tank - bypassing any filter that may be there.
Pop a new plug in just to rule this out.
I guess this is a black painted carburettor - a Dell'orto?
John,

It`s techumsec engine. I cleaned up original carb but same issue. Replaced carb and again same issue. not happy replaced with second carb thinking the Chinese was **** but again same issue.

It` s start and idling forever if you don`t touch it. issue is when you get her self propelling that goes for few second and then dies. it start again on first and second pull. I tried to run without tank cap but nothing change. I`m a bit lost as doesn`t seems to be a fuel issue unless this goes well beyond my knowledge.

Could be something on the governor that does not let the engine to autorev when under load?

Happy to test and learn.

Sponsored Links
Apologies for the late reply Jonny!
Can you give us a pic of the tank and carburettor that you have?
Thanks

Back