Qualifications

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure if this is the right place but

1. I would like to say what a good sight this is.

2. I would like to make a suggestion for improving the sight. :idea:

The suggestion is that on the profile there should be a place for inputting your qualifications and these should then be displayed if agreed by that person when replying to questions. That way you would know if your reply was coming from a reliable source or just someone interested in DIY.

Sponsored Links
Hi Mascard,

Thanks for your suggestion, it's a good idea, it would rely on the users honesty of course, but it might help. We already have an occupation field, which some people use, so I'll bear it in mind when I next upgrade that section of the forum.

Mascard said:
The suggestion is that on the profile there should be a place for inputting your qualifications and these should then be displayed if agreed by that person when replying to questions. That way you would know if your reply was coming from a reliable source or just someone interested in DIY.
I think this is impractical - if people lie about their location (which they do), then there's no hope of honesty in listing qualifications.

Professional opinions are currently self-regulating - if one contributor posts rubbish then it isn't long before it receives ruthless peer condemnation.

Do you have an example of a topic where someone has been given a bum steer?

Sponsored Links
Back