quantity of materials do i need to mix concrete shed floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a shed on order and requires a base 3.03m x 3.99m (10' x 13') which i intend to make out of concrete, what thickness or floor do i need ?

ALso with this depth of floor what amount of cement, sand, chips will i need to make the floor to these sizes?

Do i need to lay hardcore first ? If so how deep and how much will i need.

its a new build im moving into although the soil in the back garden has had a while to settle. :cool:

Sponsored Links
Hi, bert,
there's been no end of stuff on this kind of thing posted.

alrighty

i did a search but was getting a mixture of stuff not what i needed to know, ill delve through the pages and seek the knowledge lol :LOL:

OK, bertie,
lets do the math,
3x4m =12m2 concrete, say 4" deep,
About 1 cube concrete
so, two big bags of sharp and 10-12 bags of dust.
about the same depth of small compacted hardcore, so about 2 ton of that.
Now if you're smart you will find a local builder who is doing a knock through or similar and dig out your base to 8" below path and offer him the space to tip his good clean hardcore.
mind if it's just a shed, then you can skimp a bit on all quants, down to about 2" depth of concrete and also hardcore but I wouln't recommend that.

Sponsored Links
Thank you brother nose,

this is what the broderbond is all about.

As the returned one says,
Those who think they are infallible will be crushed under the foot of the the great stone wall layer as he bends carelessly to place another stone.

from the book of the wall, capter 3 verse 7.

not so much a religion, more a bunch of cults.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back