Query about boiler servicing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question about boiler services if anyone could help please?

I moved into my house last year, found out the boiler was 18 years old so had it serviced by a local company the end of Oct 2017. New Year’s Eve the boiler stopped working, wouldn’t fire up. Called out a local repair man who found debris inside the fan and also quite a lot in the boiler itself, had to fetch him the vacuum so he could clean it out. So my question is should it have been cleaned when it was serviced? Thanks

Sponsored Links
What you should be more concerned about is that you employed a local service man and YOU had to supply the vacuum.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. The boiler is a Ferroli Modena 80e (will be getting a new one when I have the cash) I paid £80 (including vat) for the service, wanted to get my facts straight before I complain to the company.

Thanks again

Why did you not go back to the first firm when it stopped working?

So it was a schit service man then, the repair man didn’t have any problems clearing the fan, cleaning the boiler and putting it all back together. At least I know not to use them again.
The reason I didn’t go back to them was simple, it was New Years eve and they didn’t answer the phone. I had no heating or hot water so I tried someone else. Thank god I didn’t call them back out, they probably would have told me I needed a few fan and ripped me off again.

Comparison to a corrupt Italian Prime Minister does not provide exemption for shoddy workmanship. A company have taken money from a customer, not completed the job and failed to inform the customer. If they weren’t prepared to carry out the work they were paid for they should have walked away and refused the money. The state of the boiler inside was shocking considering it was supposedly serviced three months prior, there is no excuse for this poor service and only a charlatan would argue otherwise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back