Query about Central Heating Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved house that has LPG Gas central heating and noticed my Leccy bill is quite high for one months usage. The pump that runs my system is WPS make and there are three settings, it was set at number 3 what difference would it make if i moved it to setting number 2. I'm new to this type of heating and every bit of help would be much appreciated.
Cheers the noo

Sponsored Links
If it needs to be on 3 and you turn it down you'll get cold and your boiler will get hot.
They're mostly only about 120W flat out, but we don't know the model or the system.....

Thanks for the reply the gas boiler is a Myson Appollo 14 year old since new and the Pump has WSP GOLD on it, hope that helps.

To add to my last post can anyone tell me what the 3 settings on the central heating pump signify.

Sponsored Links
Apollo is a low water content boiler and pump needs to be on speed 3 to clear the heat otherwise boiler will get noisy

if the CH pump is 120W max, and you pay, say, 10p per kWh, it will cost about 10p for 8 hours (say, a day's worth)

A 12W energy-saving light bulb will ruin for 80 hours for 10p (about 2 weeks typical usage)

Your tumble drier, however, will run for about 24 minutes for 10p.

To cut electricity usage, start with heating devices.

24 minutes for 2.15p

But I don't know about LPG

Thanks namsag if it needs to be on 3 then thats my query solved. Many thanks everyone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back