Query with alarm

When going up to the bellbox wear earplugs, take a terminal screwdriver, wire cutters & large cross/flat driver with you.

As soon as you start to pry off the lid (after unscrewing it etc) the tamper should set it off that close it can be damn loud.

once the cover is off you get the choice to cut or undo, maybe even unplug the battery depends how it is connected.
If you cut it put some tape over the battery end of the wire to prevent shorts.
(after climbing down the ladder to get the tape coz you were not told to take that - lol).

It would seem that you have a dodgy connection somewhere on something.

Once you have disconnected the battery then check & redo all the connections, check the tamper switches, the rear of the bellbox PCB if you can, clean everything thats resembles contacts, overhaul it basically.

Then you get the fun of checking the rest of the system, I.E. all the connections in the main panel.

Also check the main panel battery as stated above to see if it needs replacing.

Hae you still got the earplugs in? :D

Sponsored Links
Sorry mattylad i cant hear a thing can you speak up :LOL: , seriously though cheers for the guidance and yet another question when i isolate the outside battery will it still sound under its own steam or i suppose i will just pull / extract it from the bell box ? sorry for nugget questions its just that i want to be clear on my plan of attack .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back