Question about Tracking Cookies

Hmmm, ignorant am I :mad: ; your obviously a neurotic with an anxiety complex about spies & nasties intent on invading your personal space. I’m careful about my personal data & never give away more than I have to.

You're no better at psychology than you are at IT, I am a professional who has been programming systems since 32K was a colossal amount of RAM and have been dealing with networks since a 3200bps modem was a speed demon. It was both ignorant and rude of you to call me daft for giving out sensible advise, if you disagree that's up to you but insulting me about it is very poor.

I don’t really give a stuff about spam or anyone selling harmless details about me...

Thanks for the play by play about what you do and do not like. It's always nice to get to know new people :LOL:

my advice would be to skip your internet PC & live a peaceful but ignorantly uniformed life. :rolleyes:

Or I could just set my browser to delete cookies and do what I suggested anyone else who doesn't like to be tracked this way do above. I don't know why you have such a problem with it, anyway, I'm sorry I called you ignorant. That was poor too.

Here's a fun article about completely legitimate sites serving you malware, here the website concerned is the very Moody "New York Times". That one you have to be tricked into clicking mind you, but it's just a choice of how they attack, the very same method has to been used (click here) to serve viruses the user doesn't need to be tricked into via Google's ad network doubleclick.

If you look at the bottom there are many links around theregister which articles about malware being served from places like DrudgeReport, New York Times, eWeek, Ziff Davis Holdings, these are big names, not moody sites, but it's also getting wildly off topic - I just wanted you to realize simply avoiding "Moody" sites doesn't necessarily keep you safe.

But I am not scaremongering here, don't worry too much if you are a newbie reading this because while that stuff in the above paragraph does happen, chances are against it happening to you.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back