Question for ADMIN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Question for ADMIN. What is going on with these popup surveys? when you have no chance of winning the prize. And also those double underlined words from yesterday that were just spam.

Sponsored Links
Are you receiving popup surveys while visiting DIYnot?

This should not be happening, we do not allow and specifically avoid popups of any kind.

I'm not sure what you mean about the double underlined words either to be honest.

Do you have a screenshot by any chance?

Anyone else experiencing this?

not me

I have Norton Internet Security which prevents a lot of that sort of thing

I have also set the "Windows pop-up blocker"

(click "Tools" from the menu bar)

Are you receiving popup surveys while visiting DIYnot?

This should not be happening, we do not allow and specifically avoid popups of any kind.

I'm not sure what you mean about the double underlined words either to be honest.

Do you have a screenshot by any chance?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Had a couple of pop-up surveys, never took much notice sorry.

Double underlined words, usually opens an FAQ or link, and is an Admin set-up thing, never seen any on DIYnot,

Sponsored Links
The double underlined words were in blue and led to adverts in some cases or linked to explanations of the subject. They do seem to have disappeared today. I do have pop up blocker operating.

Hi do-it-all, I have run all the usual bug removers and double checked pop-up blocker. Even this morning i got the survey when clicking on a post. :confused:

Hi do-it-all, I have run all the usual bug removers and double checked pop-up blocker. Even this morning i got the survey when clicking on a post. :confused:

Hi wingcoax what thread/post are you clicking on.

Can you copy and past the link in here.

You're not running the mouse over the red share button.

In all honesty wingcoax, I think you may have something installed doing this. Be it with your permission or (presumably) not that is causing this. We don't allow popups, and if it had slipped through the net then I would have thought more people would have mentioned it.

Does the popup appear after a page has loaded or when you click on the link?

Is the popup in the same window?

Have you tried a different browser? e.g. Google Chrome / Firefox (Assuming you are you using Internet Exporer?)

Do you have any toolbars installed?

Is there any chance you could get a screenshot when it next happens?

What, you don't realise you're being paid money by Skimlinks to have random words turned into annoying, garbage links all over your website?

What, you don't realise you're being paid money by Skimlinks to have random words turned into annoying, garbage links all over your website?

We do not have that product from Skimlinks installed/enabled, so unless it is malfunctioning, (which lack of widespread reports would suggest not), then that isn't the culprit.

We do not have that product from Skimlinks installed/enabled, so unless it is malfunctioning, (which lack of widespread reports would suggest not), then that isn't the culprit.

The scripts are certainly being loaded.

Or they would be if I didn't disable them.

Sponsored Links
Back