Question for ADMIN

I must re-iterate that these are not Skimlinks, they have nothing to do with DIYnot and are not under our control. However the screenshots do give some clues and I suggest you visit here for information on how to remove this add-on from your browser.

Admin, I agree with you it certainly looks as though I pick up malware, must be from a link on 1 of 3 forums, although I suspect image shack may be the best place to look.

have found widgi toolbar platform which is certainly the problem, and will post back later possibly tomorrow when I remove it.

Can't find what I'm looking for in regedit, and have to go out, so TTFN

Sponsored Links
Still not got to the bottom of this yet, but, for the record, I have the problem computer and two laptops running.

The two laptops are fine so it has to be open office I installed earlier. :eek:

Problem now is I can't get rid of the problem Yet. More tablets me thinks.

Sponsored Links
The two laptops are fine so it has to be open office I installed earlier. :eek:

I seriously doubt that.

Can't be anything else.

Found in properties.

"This file came from another computer and maybe blocked to help protect this computer"

And yes it was a legitimate download or look like it anyway.

Show me where you downloaded it from, then.

And yes, it can be other things..

just done a google "Apache open office"

I'll you know when I find the bug, none of the usual find it or anything wrong.

Scrolling through the "Hikeyclassesroot/interface at the moment, but the three I'm looking for don't seem to be there. :confused:

You try and install it then and see all the **** you have to agree too if you not careful.

To accept the terms and conditions click continue or decline.

99.9 would hit continue, click decline and wait a minute and it loads without the crap.

It was not. The packages are clean (why I even bothered checking is beyond me).

You shouldn't have, I know how to work a computer.

Pretend to install it if you don't believe me. Use the cancel not the decline button when it shows, otherwise read it very carefully and un-check every thing.

It was not. The packages are clean (why I even bothered checking is beyond me).

You shouldn't have, I know how to work a computer.

Pretend to install it if you don't believe me. Use the cancel not the decline button when it shows, otherwise read it very carefully and un-check every thing.

I did install it. It's clean, there's nothing there.

And you unchecked all the little boxes that kept showing, including the make x the default browser, and all the ad links.

And then clicked Decline at the end.

Suggest you may want to run Malwarebytes (full scan) if not.

Sponsored Links
Back