Question for ADMIN

Sponsored Links
I must say, the ads are much less intrusive than they used to be.

However, there are still flash-based ads, and they will remain blocked on my end for security and stability reasons.

Skimlinks are being used, I'm not denying that. What I am saying is that they offer different products and the one you are referring to we do not (nor have we ever) use.

Skimlinks are being used, I'm not denying that. What I am saying is that they offer different products and the one you are referring to we do not (nor have we ever) use.

Ah, so you're just using the one which turns existing links into affiliate links, which proceed to regularly be broken?

Okay. Still blocking.

Wouldn't surprise me if Skimlinks 'acts up' from time to time.

Sponsored Links
If it has, it would be the first time we have heard of it on this site and considering the other product is a separate download/script from them I would be surprised.

A screenshot may help to get to the bottom of this, if possible.

I learnt a long time ago not to trust advertising companies. For a whole host of reasons, not least being their sole purpose: Making money for themselves.

Out of curiosity, is the Screwfix affiliate linking done serverside or clientside?

Either way I need to sort out disabling that, because they're horribly unreliable.

Tinfoil hats aside, if you can point me in the direction of one that doesn't work, I'll look into it, or next time you spot one, if you alert mods that it doesn't work and I will sort it.

Tinfoil hats aside, if you can point me in the direction of one that doesn't work, I'll look into it, or next time you spot one, if you alert mods that it doesn't work and I will sort it.

Ah, you'll go sort out their unreliable servers which have broken again? It's their unreliable system, not the code you're using.

Much the same reason I block flash ads: Flash is broken, not the concept of ads.

How come Monkeh can post twice about ad blocking and yet I get post after post removed even after I've stopped doing it and can't even tell people that they are being removed because I originally suggested blocking ads?

Found two this morning, but they disappear after the first viewing. I have run various clearance programs and they still seem to appear.

Skimlinks (Pop-ups) are all over the place now, mostly bloody iphone survey that you cant get rid off.

Including this thread and the index.

I must re-iterate that these are not Skimlinks, they have nothing to do with DIYnot and are not under our control. However the screenshots do give some clues and I suggest you visit here for information on how to remove this add-on from your browser.

Sponsored Links
Back