Question for electricians

Have you ever cut the seals on a meter or cutout?

• Yes

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You appear to be exercising common sense again, despite the actual words which you usually emphasise so much.
And you appear to be determined to carry on pretending that it's OK for an electrician to lie.

Are you now saying that, contrary to what you've said so many times before, the "carrying out" does not necessarily have to be undertaken by the person who declares that (s)he has "carried it out", because the person may actually be signing on behalf of a legal entity (any member or employees of which may have done the 'carrying out') and not him/herself?
FGS.

An entity carries it out. That entity can be a company. Please tell me how a company can sign documents without the use of a human being to hold the pen?

The declaration (or an alternative version thereof) could have been worded to accommodate the situation in which someone was signing on behalf of a legal entity, and therefore was not necessarily the person who had done the "carrying out" .... but that is not how it is worded.
Errrr....

Yes, that is how it is worded.

Sponsored Links
And you appear to be determined to carry on pretending that it's OK for an electrician to lie.
It seems to me that, for once, it is you who is giving blessing to 'lying' on the part of the electrician, and I who is questioning that.
An entity carries it out. That entity can be a company. Please tell me how a company can sign documents without the use of a human being to hold the pen?
It can't - but it is still down to the person holding the pen to decide whether they can sign the declaration, as currently worded, without lying. ...
I ......, having exercised reasonable skill and care when carrying out ....
If a person who has not carried out out the work signs that, are they telling the truth or, in your language, lying?

Kind Regards, John

I'm out.

Either you are being deliberately obtuse or you are genuinely too thick to understand that companies are legal entities and that they can, and do, sign documents and make declarations and enter into contracts all the time.

It can't - but it is still down to the person holding the pen to decide whether they can sign the declaration, as currently worded, without lying. ...
I ......, having exercised reasonable skill and care when carrying out ....
If a person who has not carried out out the work signs that, are they telling the truth or, in your language, lying?
It is the company which has making the declaration, and it is the company which is not (or is - I grant that there is that possibility) lying.

Not the person holding the pen.

The company which carried out the work.

Sponsored Links
Either you are being deliberately obtuse or you are genuinely too thick to understand that companies are legal entities and that they can, and do, sign documents and make declarations and enter into contracts all the time.
All true, but the declaration should then be worded appropriately for 'corporate' signature. If it uses the word "I" ("I ...., when carrying out"), then an individual cannot sign it without personally lying unless (s)he did indeed do the "carrying out".

I sign documents on behalf of a 'legal entity' all the time, but the things I sign invariably use words like "We" or "The Company" (or the name of the legal entity) or whatever, never "I". In most cases, I would not feel able to sign the documents if they contained the "I"-word, since I would usually be lying if I did.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back