Electricians pay

To get an electrician who can work with PLC's your going to have to pay more than JIB rates.

I did do a PLC course in local collage but it's no longer offered. To be taught how to program in my area means higher education HND, HNC, Foundation Degree oddly not taught at hon degree level.

I learnt due to necessary guy who was programming them had a heart attack luck did not die but was unable to work for 6 months and was half way through programming a new machine.

The apprentice does seem to surprise I have seen many times when two are taken on together and one thinks one is far better than the other. However after 4 years the guy who was the best has just stayed the same but the guy we thought was a waste of space continued to improve and over took the other guy and became the best one in the end.

Pay is always a bit hit and miss as perks, overtime, and bonus can mean a job which looks bad on paper can be very good. But for an electrician able to work on PLC's one would expect him to pay super tax.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back