Question

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I've seen loads of these on rads and they havnt been a problem

They're junk, have a high resistance to flow even when open and are liable to start leaking for no apparent reason. Other than that.......

Have you seen the size of the orifice in a trv?

They will work, can't say I've had any leaking

Full bore valves would obviously be better, I thought about that but they are a lot more expensive, with the restrictions at valves anyway and the fact that I have seen loads of these installed without any problem, I wouldn't worry about it.

I should add, I don't install these myself as I'd have no reason.
I must have been lucky with the no leaking on the ones i have seen

I've never used these on central heating but I have seen it done before. everyone I've seen has leaked... under floors, ceilings etc. I'd strongly advise not fitting them.

In fact, unless absolutely necessary wouldn't be fitting any kind of isolation valve. Just can't see the point.

Av seen them ****ing out the center screw hundred times don't use on ch system the chemicals can cause the rubber in the center to rot, or if the system has hydrogen in they leak loads more...

If you've been about the plumbing forum you may have read my bathroom woes.

Just another to add to the list: he's put these on the towel radiator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back